[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Portable, IIci, and 6.0.4

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (09/21/89)

A whole day and only one request so far.  Before it the momentum builds,
following are the new _SysEnvirons constants for the Portable, IIci, and
keyboards.  These will be documented in the October release of Macintosh
Technical Note #129.

machineType

envPortable = 8       { Macintosh Portable }
envMacIIci = 9        { Macintosh IIci }

keyBoardType

envPortADBKbd = 6     { Portable Keybaord }
envPortISOADBKbd = 7  { Portable Keybaord (ISO) }
envStdISOADBKbd = 8   { Apple Standard Keyboard (ISO) }
envExtISOADBKbd = 9   { Apple Extended Keyboard (ISO) }

In addition, the Apple FTP site now contains a MacWrite file (StuffIt/Binhex)
of the 6.0.4 change history.  This is of interest to developers and programmers.
Look in ~ftp/pub/dts/mac/sys.soft for sys604-upd.hqx.

Hope this helps answer some questions before you need to ask.

--
Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_

thecloud@dhw68k.cts.com (Ken McLeod) (09/23/89)

In article <34911@apple.Apple.COM> mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) writes:
>A whole day and only one request so far.  Before it the momentum builds,
>following are the new _SysEnvirons constants for the Portable, IIci, and
>keyboards.  These will be documented in the October release of Macintosh
>Technical Note #129.

  According to the information distributed to dealers (on the Introduction CD),
"Gestalt" (the 'new' SysEnvirons, rumored to be coming in 7.0) is here now
in 6.0.4. Will info on Gestalt be coming in the October TN release, or is it
already available?

>In addition, the Apple FTP site now contains a MacWrite file (StuffIt/Binhex)
>of the 6.0.4 change history.  This is of interest to developers...
>Look in ~ftp/pub/dts/mac/sys.soft for sys604-upd.hqx.

  Can some altruistic soul please e-mail this file to me? (Can't get no ftp :-(

--
Ken McLeod    :.     .:    UUCP: ...{spsd,zardoz,felix}!dhw68k!thecloud