[comp.sys.mac.programmer] poscript header in msword

21602MR@MSU.BITNET (Mark Rosenberg) (10/07/89)

I remember seeing a postscript header in msword that printed "DRAFT" at about
30% grey from the lower left corner of the page to the upper right corner of
the page.  Then the text of the document was printed over that.  I can't find
the code for that and was wondering if anyone had ti, or could figure out how
to do it ?

Thanks,

Mark Rosenberg
Michigan State University

pwp@shamash.cdc.com ( HOUFAC) (10/09/89)

In article <13021602MR@MSU> 21602MR@MSU.BITNET (Mark Rosenberg) writes:
>I remember seeing a postscript header in msword that printed "DRAFT" at about
>30% grey from the lower left corner of the page to the upper right corner of
>the page.  Then the text of the document was printed over that.  I can't find
>the code for that and was wondering if anyone had ti, or could figure out how
>to do it ?

Following is the code I use to do this. (Except mine goes from the top left
corner to the bottom right.)  There are two variants -- one for portrait
mode (vertical) pages, and another for Landscape mode. To use, put the code
into a header or footer for the page(s) you want labelled, and set the style
to "Postscript".

I made these by hacking-up one of the samples in the Postscript Glossary that
comes with Word.  No doubt some smart Postscript jockey can improve 'em.
--Pete Poorman
  pwp@shamash.cdc.com

.page.% Puts DRAFT in huge letters diagonally on a portrait mode page
/Helvetica-Bold findfont 250 scalefont setfont
50 wp$y 140 sub translate
.25 setlinewidth
300 rotate 0 0 moveto (Draft) true charpath
gsave .99 setgray fill grestore

.page.% Puts DRAFT in huge letters diagonally on a landscape mode page
/Helvetica-Bold findfont 250 scalefont setfont
50 wp$y 220 sub translate
.25 setlinewidth
335 rotate 0 0 moveto (Draft) true charpath