[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Re^2: Inside Mac DA

kempf@tci.bell-atl.com (Cory Kempf) (10/10/89)

kleinow@caen.engin.umich.edu (leonard kleinow) writes:

>As for the IM DA, I used to have a copy of it, and the text it contained
>was exactly the text from Inside Macintosh.  No where on the product was
>it mentioned that the text was copyright Apple Computer, Inc.  Has Apple
>given him a license to put this text out and charge for it?  Or are we
>all paying $20 for what is essentially a "bootleg" of Inside Macintosh?

Rumor time...
I heard a couple of years ago that Apple/Addison-Wesley nailed the
author for copyright violation (you do have to admit that it IS a word
for word copy of the data in IM I-IV).  The upshot being that (among
other things), the product was no longer his, but belongs to Apple (or
maybe A-W) now.
+C
--
Cory Kempf		Technology Concepts	     phone: (508) 443-7311 x341
uucp:	{anywhere}!uunet!tci!kempf, kempf@tci.bell-atl.com