[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Bug in THINK C 4.0 class library

d83_sven_a@tekno.chalmers.se (SVEN AXELSSON) (10/19/89)

I have just received my THINK C 4.0. The class-library looks great with
tear-off menus and all. There seems to be a small problem with these
though, which can be seen by running the Art Class demo. The cursor does
not get updated properly in all cases. Try moving the cursor in over a
torn off menu. The cursor changes correctly to an arrow. Move it back
again. The cursor changes back to whatever it was before. OK. Now move
it over the menu and back out over the floating window's title-bar. This
time it does not change back. Note that you have to move it quite slowly
for this to happen. I suppose the culprit must be the CFWDesktop::AdjustCursor
method, but I haven't attempted to fix it.
Is it time for a first library-update soon? The bug(s) in the scanf routine
has been reported before, and I suppose there are others...

+-------------------------+--------------------------------+------------------+
|   Sven Axelsson         |  d83_sven_a@tekno.chalmers.se  |  DISCLAIMER:     |
|   dep:t of Linguistics  |          (^^ best ^^)          |                  |
|   univ. of Gothenburg   |        dlv_sa@hum.gu.se        |  This is not     |
|   SWEDEN                |      usdsa@seguc21.bitnet      |  a disclaimer.   |
+-------------------------+--------------------------------+------------------+

fjlim@garnet.berkeley.edu (10/20/89)

In article <2533@tekno.chalmers.se> d83_sven_a@tekno.chalmers.se (SVEN AXELSSON) writes:
>I have just received my THINK C 4.0. The class-library looks great with
>tear-off menus and all. There seems to be a small problem with these
>though, which can be seen by running the Art Class demo. The cursor does
>not get updated properly in all cases. Try moving the cursor in over a
>torn off menu. The cursor changes correctly to an arrow. Move it back
>again. The cursor changes back to whatever it was before. OK. Now move
>it over the menu and back out over the floating window's title-bar. This
>time it does not change back. Note that you have to move it quite slowly
>for this to happen. I suppose the culprit must be the CFWDesktop::AdjustCursor
>method, but I haven't attempted to fix it.

I've received a couple of reports about this. You are probably using the
6.1bX MultiFinder which comes with MPW. I can't duplicate this behavior
using Finder 6.1.4 or MultiFinder 6.0.4.

I don't know whether this is a problem with the Beta MultiFinder or
with ArtClass.

-- Greg, Author of the THINK Class Library