[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Multifinder 6.1b9

levin@bbn.com (Joel B Levin) (10/19/89)

My release copy of SADE contained MF 6.1b7.  People are posting
articles referring to MF 6.1b9 that they received with SADE
(presumably in a more recent 'printing').

Does anyone know (or is anyone involved willing to say) what has been
changed between ...b7 and ...b9?

	Thanks / JBL
=
Nets: levin@bbn.com  |
 or {...}!bbn!levin  |
POTS: (617)873-3463  |

jnh@ecemwl.ncsu.edu (Joseph N. Hall) (10/19/89)

In article <47108@bbn.COM> levin@BBN.COM (Joel B Levin) writes:
>My release copy of SADE contained MF 6.1b7.  People are posting
>articles referring to MF 6.1b9 that they received with SADE
>(presumably in a more recent 'printing').

This reminds me of a particularly infuriating (or, at least, frustrating)
conversation I had with a salesperson at APDA, who at first didn't know
anything about MF 6.1bx (I told her it shipped with SADE), and who then
indicated it wasn't possible to order it by itself.

Now, I have heard from a few people who had managed to obtain 6.1b7
(I believe from APDA) minus SADE, and certainly I would like to have the
"set-aside" feature, since I do a lot of my work on ordinary Macs
(Plusses and SEs).  I'm not willing to order SADE just for MF 6.1bx, but
I almost am, you know ...

Where and how can I get MF 6.1b7 without SADE?

v   v sssss|| joseph hall                      || 4116 Brewster Drive
 v v s   s || jnh@ecemwl.ncsu.edu (Internet)   || Raleigh, NC  27606
  v   sss  || SP Software/CAD Tool Developer, Mac Hacker and Keyboardist
-----------|| Disclaimer: NCSU may not share my views, but is welcome to.

jordan@Apple.COM (Jordan Mattson) (10/21/89)

Dear Joesph -

	You cannot get MultFinder 6.1BX without purchasing SADE.  The only
reason that MultiFinder 6.1BX is shipping with SADE is because MultiFinder
6.1BX provides the hooks necessary for SADE to run.  It has nothing to
do with the set aside feature.

--

Jordan Mattson                         UUCP:      jordan@apple.apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.                   CSNET:     jordan@apple.CSNET