[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Continual beeping when exiting from Think C Programs

crawford@aerospace.aero.org (Kirk B. Crawford) (10/24/89)

been posted before.  I have a strange bug with Think C and
MultiFinder.
Sometimes when I am running Think C under Multifinder (3.0 and 4.0)
and then I run the project on top of Think C, and then quit the
program (the one I am developing).  The mac beeps continually,
sometimes at a high rate, sometimes at a very slow rate.  This problem
goes away if I run some other program along with Think C at the same
time such as MultiMeter.  I had ideas that it might be some  memory
that I am not releasing, but I have gone through that extensively and
have found none left hanging.  It is not just with one project that I
am working on, many  different projects do it too.  My colleague has
experienced the problem too.  Does anyone have any Ideas?  If so,
please E-Mail them to me at:
crawford@aerospace.aero.org
I will post the conclusion to the net if requested.  Thanks much.
Sorry if this has been posted before, but it is real frustrating.
					Kirk Crawford

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (10/26/89)

In article <59993@aerospace.AERO.ORG> crawford@aerospace.aero.org (Kirk B. Crawford) writes:

>Sometimes when I am running Think C under Multifinder (3.0 and 4.0)
>and then I run the project on top of Think C, and then quit the
>program (the one I am developing).  The mac beeps continually,
>sometimes at a high rate, sometimes at a very slow rate.  This problem

	Are you using OnCue? If so, you should only use OnCue to launch
an application directly, and NOT to launch documents; there's a bug in
OnCue which will cause the behavior you described.

R.

 Rich Siegel
 Staff Software Developer
 Symantec Corporation, Language Products Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
 UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

"There is no personal problem which cannot be solved by sufficient
application of high explosives."