[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Mac Programmer's support stack

markwm@faline.bellcore.com (Mark W. Beckner) (10/28/89)

Does anyone know if the guts of Inside Macintosh I-V has been boiled down
into a hypercard stack or other equally useful online representation?

I'm just beginning to familiarize myself with the mac as a software developer
and have found the technotes stack (sourced by those friendly folks in
Developer Support at Apple) to be extremely useful.

Would people find such a stack useful to them? (Is it worth my time to build
one?)

Mark

6600pete@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (10/30/89)

In article <2323@faline.bellcore.com> markwm@faline.bellcore.com (Mark W. Beckner) writes:
> Does anyone know if the guts of Inside Macintosh I-V has been boiled down
> into a hypercard stack or other equally useful online representation?

You bet.

Get in contact with

Bernard Gallet
20052 Knollwood Dr.
Saratoga, CA  95070

for his Inside Mac DA. INDISPENSABLE. ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.

It's a full IM reference database, including Pascal and C calling
sequence cut and paste and all sorts of goodies like that there.
--

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (10/30/89)

In article <2323@faline.bellcore.com> markwm@faline.bellcore.com (Mark W. Beckner) writes:

>Does anyone know if the guts of Inside Macintosh I-V has been boiled down
>into a hypercard stack or other equally useful online representation?
>
>I'm just beginning to familiarize myself with the mac as a software developer
>and have found the technotes stack (sourced by those friendly folks in
>Developer Support at Apple) to be extremely useful.

Glad you like it.  Hope you're using the Q & A Stack too.

>Would people find such a stack useful to them? (Is it worth my time to build
>one?)

I'm sure people would find such a stack or browser application useful, but
it is definitely not worth YOUR time to do it.  Until Apple gets around to
doing it, there are some useful tools already out there, including the
Online Companion and Inside Mac DA.

--
Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_

gord@bnr-rsc.UUCP (Gord MacKay) (10/30/89)

In article <2778@hub.UUCP> pete@cavevax.ucsb.edu writes:

>Get in contact with
>
>Bernard Gallet
>20052 Knollwood Dr.
>Saratoga, CA  95070

I just mailed my 20 bucks off to the following address:

Bernard Gallet
Inside Mac DA 2.0
660 Miller Ave.
Cupertino, CA
95014

I believe/hope this is Bernard's new address. (re: Andrew Johnston's posting
on Oct 4 89)
--
Gord MacKay    (bnr-vpa!bnr-rsc!gord)	Phone:	(613) 763-4719
Bell-Northern Research			Usenet:utgpu!bnr-vpa!bnr-rsc!gord