[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Soundcap

moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) (10/31/89)

In article <9627@zodiac.ADS.COM> jtn@zodiac.ADS.COM (John Nelson) writes:
>Is the programme "Soundcap" available publicly and if so could someone
>post the Binhex 4.0 text for it?  Are there any other sound or
>composition tools out there in the public domain?

SoundCap is definitely NOT public domain.  It was the initial software
package that came with the Impulse audio digitizer.  Later, SoundWave was
relased with the Impulse digitizer, but SoundCap did not go into the public
domain.

Can't think of any sound "editing" software that's in the public domain --
you're basically stuck with SoundCap, SoundWave or SoundEdit, all of which
come (or came) with an audio digitizer.  Quite a bit of PD or shareware
sound playback or format conversion software, though.

                           "Hollywood, handmaiden of national security, made a
                            film of [Werner Von Braun's] life called I AIM FOR
                            THE STARS.  Mort Sahl amended the title with the
                            words: '...But Sometimes I Hit London.'"
                                           -- Tony Hendra, GOING TOO FAR
---
                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
INTERNET:     moriarty@tc.fluke.COM
Manual UUCP:  {uw-beaver, sun, microsoft, hplsla, uiucuxc}!fluke!moriarty
CREDO:        You gotta be Cruel to be Kind...