[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Macwrite & Microsoft RTF formats -- help!?

silverio@brahms.berkeley.edu (C J Silverio) (11/02/89)

I am faced with parsing and decoding one or more of the following:

o	Microsoft Word 3.0 or 4.0 format

o	Microsoft's RTF (rich text format)

o	Macwrite format (the version output by word)

Can anyone provide a quick pointer to specs for the formats in
question or a source of code to parse them?

The code, if any, should be public domain or licensable.

Thank you for your help.

>o	Microsoft's RTF (rich text format)

Microsoft publishes this format. If you call them and ask for it, they'll
mail you out a copy.

--

Chuq Von Rospach <+> Editor,OtherRealms <+> Member SFWA/ASFA
chuq@apple.com <+> CI$: 73317,635 <+> [This is myself speaking]

Aftershock. Bummer.

jak9213@helios.TAMU.EDU (John Kane) (11/02/89)

In article <1989Nov1.222828.6129@agate.berkeley.edu>, silverio@brahms.berkeley.edu (C J Silverio) writes:
> I am faced with parsing and decoding one or more of the following:
>
> o	Microsoft Word 3.0 or 4.0 format
> o	Microsoft's RTF (rich text format)

If you call Microsoft, they will send you documentation on RTF and Word
3.0 formats. I don't know about 4.0, haven't called them yet myself.

 John Arthur Kane, Systems Analyst, Microcomputer Support and Training
 Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 77843  (409) 845-9999

 jak9213@helios.tamu.edu     profs: x043jk@tamvm1.tamu.edu