[comp.sys.mac.programmer] code to erase/format an UNmounted volume...

al@crucible.UUCP (Al Evans) (11/03/89)

In article <2835@hub.UUCP> doner@henri.UUCP (John Doner) writes:

>I wouldn't mind some code to erase an UNmounted volume!  I have this
>disk for which the response is always "The desktop file couldn't be
>created on the disk..." followed by ejection.  Nor can the desktop
>file be rebuilt.  I don't get any chance to try to reinitialize it.

Sometimes we spend too much time with our computers, and forget the
basics of life :-)

The follow simple procedure will suffice:

1. Procure a magnet, any magnet.
2. Wave it back and forth over the surface of the offending disk.
3. The disk can now be reinitialized.
					--Al Evans--
--
Al Evans					"You'd grep to know what
...uunet!execu!sequoia!crucible!al			 you really sed."