[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Cannot compile MacApp 2.0b9 examples ! HELP!!!

louis@asterix.drev.dnd.ca (Louis Demers) (11/03/89)

Hello,

	I bought MacApp 2.0B9 and C++ to use it.  Once I received
MacApp, I tried to compile their sample programs to make
sure everything was OK.  I tried ALL examples and they all
crashed my system during compilation.  Upon entering MacsBug,
I cannot do a stack crawl and a heap dump tells me that
the application heap is corrupted (bad lenght). RS and RB
wont work either so it seems a pretty serious crash.

	Building a NoDebug version always crashes but I succeded once
in building  a Debug version of two examples (Calc and Nothing).

	I tried to increase the stack space of MPW Shell to 0x00010000
and then to 0x00040000 with no success and I tried the same
thing with the Pascal tool (to 0x00018000) with no success
again.

	When I compile with the progress report flag on, I see
that it usually crashes when it starts processing
the source code itself.

My configuration:
Mac II, 5Mbytes RAM, 155 Mbytes Disk, PMMU, Apple Color Monitor.
System 6.03.
MPW 3.0, MPW Pascal 3.0
One init -> Desktop Manager
Ram Cache On/Off
Multifinder On/Off.

	I BEG for Help !!!!!

	Thanks I advance,
					    Louis

--
| Louis Demers              | DREV, Defence Research Establishment,Valcartier |
| louis@asterix.drev.dnd.ca | POBox 8800, Courcelette,Quebec, CANADA, G0A 1R0 |

louis@asterix.drev.dnd.ca (Louis Demers) (11/07/89)

louis@asterix.drev.dnd.ca (Louis Demers) writes:

>	... Once I received
>MacApp, I tried to compile their sample programs to make
>sure everything was OK.  I tried ALL examples and they all
>crashed my system during compilation.
>	I tried to increase the stack space of MPW Shell to 0x00010000
>and then to 0x00040000 with no success and I tried the same
>thing with the Pascal tool (to 0x00018000) with no success
>again.

	After spending the weekend on it, I had to increment the
	stack space of the Pascal tool to 0x00040000 to get
	it to compile properly.  It was silently corrupting the
	resource fork of the source files in writing the tables.
	So that subsequent compile would crash while reading the
	faulty tables.

	The MultiFinder partition had to be upped to 2560 or the
	Link tool would silently produced corrupted file that Rez
	could not happend to!