[comp.sys.mac.programmer] APDA

tonyg@merlin.cvs.rochester.edu (Tony Giaccone) (07/06/89)

Hi folks,

I recently (like February) joined APDA. Since then I've recieved
a marker board, and an APDA membership card (both at the same time).
That's it. Nothing else. Should I expect something more for the
membership fee. I guess I'm waiting for some sort of catalouge, or
something similar. Should I? If not how do I find out about what
I can order from them? Has anybody out there recieved any regular
mailing since February. Does anyone have a phone number I can call
APDA.

				Thanks for your help.

					Tony Giaccone

jnh@ecemwl.ncsu.edu (Joseph N. Hall) (07/07/89)

In article <2436@ur-cc.UUCP> tonyg@cvs.rochester.edu (Tony Giaccone) writes:

>Hi folks,
>
>I recently (like February) joined APDA. Since then I've recieved
>a marker board, and an APDA membership card (both at the same time).

Me, too.

>That's it. Nothing else. Should I expect something more for the
>membership fee.

You should.  Will you get it?  Almost certainly not without some prodding ...

I guess I'm waiting for some sort of catalouge, or
>something similar. Should I?

Yep, the APDAlog.  It's an EXCELLENT reference for Mac developers.  You
will find the 3rd party prices a little steep, but nothing like they were
at first.

If not how do I find out about what
>I can order from them? Has anybody out there recieved any regular
>mailing since February. Does anyone have a phone number I can call
>APDA.

They are seemingly unable to send me my friggin' Tech Notes on time, and,
get this, ResEdit and MacsBug were BACKORDERED THREE WEEKS when I sent
for them ... what's the matter, did the copier break?  I dunno.  Eventually
I get everything I order, and at least they don't charge backordered items
to your credit card until they ship.  I have no complaints with APDA's
service other than that it's unbelievably slow at times.

Call APDA at 1-800-282-2732 and complain.  (And get used to it.  They seem
to require constant prodding.)

mithomas@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Michael Thomas Niehaus) (07/07/89)

In article <3340@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu>, jnh@ecemwl.ncsu.edu (Joseph N. Hall) writes:
> In article <2436@ur-cc.UUCP> tonyg@cvs.rochester.edu (Tony Giaccone) writes:
> >I recently (like February) joined APDA. Since then I've recieved
> >a marker board, and an APDA membership card (both at the same time).
> I guess I'm waiting for some sort of catalouge, or
> >something similar. Should I?
>
> Yep, the APDAlog.  It's an EXCELLENT reference for Mac developers.  You
> will find the 3rd party prices a little steep, but nothing like they were
> at first.

I received an APDAlog with my information kit.  It is very useful.

> If not how do I find out about what
> >I can order from them? Has anybody out there recieved any regular
> >mailing since February. Does anyone have a phone number I can call
> >APDA.
> Call APDA at 1-800-282-2732 and complain.  (And get used to it.  They seem
> to require constant prodding.)

I called that number to ask them to send me an information packet.  Within
two days, it showed up in the mail.  So I filled out the membership form
and sent it back in.  I haven't heard back from them in the last three weeks.
I'll give them a couple more, but I really would like to get my membership
stuff back so I can place an order.

I am confident that they will eventually get things together.  Luckily I am
a patient person.

-Michael

--
Michael Niehaus        UUCP: <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!mithomas
Apple Student Rep      ARPA:  mithomas@bsu-cs.bsu.edu

mnkonar@smallberries.SRC.Honeywell.COM (Murat N. Konar) (10/26/89)

I am posting this as a public service only as many people don't
seem to know how to join APDA.  Though I'm a member, this should
not be construed as any kind of endorsement of APDA.

You can get lots of documentation and software from APDA, including
Apple's MIDI Manager, ResEdit, MPW, foreign language versions of the
System, etc.

APDA can be reached at

          APDA
          20525 Mariani Avenue, M/S 33g
          Cupertino, CA 95014 USA

Toll free phone: (800) 282-2732 in US.
                 (800) 637-0029

International phone: (408) 562-3910

Applelink:  APDA

GEnie:      A.DEVLOPER3

MCI:        Postrom

Compu$erve: 76666,2045

MacNET:     APDA

Memberships are US$20 in the US
                US$25 in Canada and Mexico
                US$35 all other countries

They take VISA, MasterCard, and American Express.

Have a day. :^|
Murat N. Konar        Honeywell Systems & Research Center, Camden, MN
mnkonar@SRC.honeywell.com (internet) {umn-cs,ems,bthpyd}!srcsip!mnkonar(UUCP)

thurn@sioux.cis.ohio-state.edu (Martin 'Sulu' Thurn) (11/08/89)

In article <36315@srcsip.UUCP> mnkonar@src.honeywell.com (Murat N. Konar) writes:
>You can get lots of documentation and software from APDA, including
>Apple's MIDI Manager, ResEdit, MPW, foreign language versions of the

But after X months/years, we _still_ don't have an English manual for
KanjiTalk 6.0.x!!

(Hey, Apple, wanna hire me to translate it for you? :-)
-=-
---Martin Thurn                 thurn@cis.ohio-state.edu

"Tokyo" has 4 'syllables' in Japanese; in English it should be pronounced
with 2 syllables, To-kyo, with long 'o's.  Thank you for your attention.