[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Graphical Tear-Off Menus

kishon-amir@CS.Yale.EDU (amir kishon) (11/07/89)

I am looking for some pointers on how to implement (on the mac, of course)
graphical tear-off menus like the "Tools" menu in HyperCard.

-amir kishon
Amir Kishon                                 ARPA:   kishon@cs.yale.edu
Yale University, Computer Science Dept.             kishon@yale.arpa
P.O.Box 2158 Yale Station                   BITNET: kishon@yalecs.bitnet
New Haven, CT. 06520-2158                   UUCP:   ...!yale!kishon
(203) 432-1227

hoffman@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (11/07/89)

I remember a thing in MacTutor on tear-off menus.  You might want to check
there.  Sorry I don't know what issue, but it wasn't more than 2 years ago.

Steve
	|    Steve M. Hoffman    |    email: abby@uiuc.edu                |
	| University of Illinois | internet: hoffman%ux1@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu |
	|    Champaign/Urbana    |     uucp: uunet!uiucuxc!ux1!hoffman    |
	|________________________|   usmail: 515 Bash Ct. #24             |
	| I haven't a clue what  |           Champaign, IL 61820          |
	|     I'm doing here     |           (217)/359-7448               |
        |________________________|________________________________________|

mnkonar@gorby.SRC.Honeywell.COM (Murat N. Konar) (11/08/89)

In article <18300009@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> hoffman@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>I remember a thing in MacTutor on tear-off menus.  You might want to check
>there.  Sorry I don't know what issue, but it wasn't more than 2 years ago.

April 1988.  The article is in C, source code is availble.

Maybe this one one should go into the Mac One Liners for Programmers.

Have a day. :^|
Murat N. Konar        Honeywell Systems & Research Center, Camden, MN
mnkonar@SRC.honeywell.com (internet) {umn-cs,ems,bthpyd}!srcsip!mnkonar(UUCP)

earleh@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Earle R. Horton) (11/08/89)

In article <18300009@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> hoffman@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>I remember a thing in MacTutor on tear-off menus.  You might want to check
>there.  Sorry I don't know what issue, but it wasn't more than 2 years ago.

December, 1987.  It's by Darryl Lovato.  There was some discussion
about whether it would have been wiser to implement the WDEF and MDEF
as code resources, both in the article and later on the net.

Earle R. Horton

awd@dbase.UUCP (Alastair Dallas) (11/09/89)

In article <18300009@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, hoffman@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
> I remember a thing in MacTutor on tear-off menus.  You might want to check
> there.  Sorry I don't know what issue, but it wasn't more than 2 years ago.

I think it was April, 1988 (or maybe I'm losing it and it was 1989).  That
was a great article, but if I were you I'd get a copy of Think C 4.0 and
just use the code that comes with the Think Class Library for handling
tear-off menus.  No sense re-inventing the wheel.

/alastair/