[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MacRecorder code, anyone?

daf@cs.brown.edu (11/07/89)

Does anyone know where one can find some code for recording sound
directly from the MacRecorder?  I'd love to have a routine that
would just sample for a given length of time, at a given rate.

Does anyone have this?  Does Farallon want us to know?

I've got some ideas for programs that would really have to have
direct access to recording in real time...

Thanks all!

-Dave

wilkins@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Mark Wilkins) (11/10/89)

In article <19936@brunix.UUCP> daf@cs.brown.edu writes:

>Does anyone know where one can find some code for recording sound
>directly from the MacRecorder?  I'd love to have a routine that
>would just sample for a given length of time, at a given rate.

  I called up Farallon and they told me that the MacRecorder outputs sound
data sampled at 22KHz any time the DTR line on the serial port is high.  If
you want a lower sampling rate you have to throw away data yourself.

         -- Mark Wilkins

mj@brunix (Mark Johnson) (11/10/89)

>  I called up Farallon and they told me that the MacRecorder outputs sound
>data sampled at 22KHz any time the DTR line on the serial port is high.  If
>you want a lower sampling rate you have to throw away data yourself.

OK.  So how do I get my Mac to _read_ this data?  (Actually, I have
some code that a kindly soul sent me several years ago to do this:
I can't understand it because it's a mixture of C and assembly, and
as I recall involved software timing loops that may not work on modern
Macs).

Mark Johnson