[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Tech Note #31

CXT105@PSUVM.BITNET (Christopher Tate) (11/10/89)

Alas, for reasons probably obvious to those of you who know what's going on,
Tech Note #31 is not available for anonymous ftp from either sumex-aim or
apple.  Also, it did not put in an appearance on Phil and Dave's Excellent CD.

Could someone who still has a copy of it floating around please send it
to me?  I'm intensely interested, if only for the entertainment value....

-------
Christopher Tate                        |   "Oh wow:  not only is 57
                                        |    prime, but it's also
Bitnet: cxt105@psuvm                    |    divisible by three!"
Uucp: ...!psuvax1!psuvm.bitnet!cxt105   |
Internet: cxt105@psuvm.psu.edu          |    - a very sincere math major

blob@apple.com (Brian Bechtel) (11/10/89)

In article <89314.020246CXT105@PSUVM.BITNET> CXT105@PSUVM.BITNET
(Christopher Tate) writes:
> Tech Note #31 is not available for anonymous ftp from either sumex-aim or
> apple.  Also, it did not put in an appearance on Phil and Dave's
> Excellent CD.

Of *course* it's on the CD.  You just have to look for it...

--Brian Bechtel     blob@apple.com     "My opinion, not Apple's"

phil@vaxphw.enet.dec.com (Phil Hunt) (11/11/89)

}
}Could someone who still has a copy of it floating around please send it
}to me?  I'm intensely interested, if only for the entertainment value....
}

AH HA!!!!But it DID make it onto Phil & Daves Excellent CD!!!!  Your job,
if you choose to accept it, is to figure out how to READ IT!!!!  HEHEHE
Phil Hunt                      "Wherever you go, there you are!!!"
Digital Equipment Corporation                 Phone: (508)486-2164
ENET:        VAXPHW::PHIL
USENET:      phil@vaxphw.enet.dec.com
MOREUSENET:  phil%vaxphw.dec@decwrl.enet.dec.com
EVENMORE:    ....!decwrl!dec-vaxphw!phil

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (11/11/89)

In article <89314.020246CXT105@PSUVM.BITNET> CXT105@PSUVM.BITNET (Christopher Tate) writes:
>Alas, for reasons probably obvious to those of you who know what's going on,
>Tech Note #31 is not available for anonymous ftp from either sumex-aim or
>apple.  Also, it did not put in an appearance on Phil and Dave's Excellent CD.

You have to remember that dogcows are shy (wouldn't you be too if you ended
up as shredded newspaper when someone cut the grass?), so they don't always
announce themselves.

You just have to look a little harder and you will find that Technical Note #31
is available for FTP, on AppleLink, and on the original version of Phil & Dave's
Excellent CD.

The real question, however, is whether or not any dogcows might choose to grace
"Phil & Dave's Excellent CD:  The Release Version" which is due out at any
moment...

--
Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_

mm3d+@andrew.cmu.edu (Matt McNally) (11/13/89)

I saw TN #31!

It was simply incredible! I saw 31 around 3 am in
a seedy old jazz club in Homewood PA! Who knew
that 31 was a prime sax soloist as well as the
key to Macintosh Nirvana?

I almost met the ubiquitous note myself; or would
have anyway, if Elvis hadn't tripped me...

Matt McNally

-----
Can you believe ~Elvis~ wasn't in MicroSoft
  Word's dictionary ?!? Come on guys...:-).