[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MultiFKEY...

sonenbli@oxy.edu (Andrew D. Sonenblick) (11/27/89)

     Wouldn't it be nice to have an FKEY in the Finder that would launch
  MultiFinder...

amanda@intercon.com (Amanda Walker) (11/27/89)

In article <63360@tiger.oxy.edu>, sonenbli@oxy.edu (Andrew D. Sonenblick)
writes:
>      Wouldn't it be nice to have an FKEY in the Finder that would launch
>   MultiFinder...

Well, QuicKeys lets you launch a program from a keyboard macro.  Not quite
as simple as an FKEY, but it works.

Amanda Walker
InterCon Systems Corporation
amanda@intercon.com
--

andyp@gvgpvd.GVG.TEK.COM (Andy Peterman) (11/28/89)

In article <63360@tiger.oxy.edu> sonenbli@oxy.edu (Andrew D. Sonenblick) writes:
>     Wouldn't it be nice to have an FKEY in the Finder that would launch
>  MultiFinder...

While in Finder, you can Option-Command-Double-Click MultiFinder and it
will start up just as you expect.  If you're using On Cue, you can put
it in your application list.  Now I wish there was a way to turn off
MultiFinder without restarting!

u-atgoat%ug.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Alan T Goates) (11/28/89)

  I agree that it would be nice if MF could be turned off once it has been
run, but this isn't a very realistic wish.  Multi-Finder patches the hell out
of everything, and you would practically have to re-load the system to have
Uni-Finder back.  What would be nice, though, is if they made the patches
check some global in a future version of MF, so that you could easily switch
it on and off.
  Just ramblin' on,
  AL

john@trigraph.uucp (John Chew) (11/29/89)

Amanda Walker <amanda@intercon.com> replied in <1571@intercon.com>:
>Well, QuicKeys lets you launch a program from a keyboard macro.  Not quite
>as simple as an FKEY, but it works.

Except that MultiFinder is a system document and not an application,
so QuicKeys puts up a dialog box asking for an application with which
to launch it.  You can change its type from ZSYS to APPL and everything
seems to work fine then -- can anyone think of any reason why this would
be a bad thing to do?

John
--
john j. chew, iii   		  phone: +1 416 425 3818     AppleLink: CDA0329
trigraph, inc., toronto, canada   {uunet!utai!utcsri,utgpu,utzoo}!trigraph!john