[comp.sys.mac.programmer] New IM?

jwright@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu (Jim Wright) (11/28/89)

chewy@apple.com (Paul Snively) writes:
| As if that weren't
| enough, Inside Macintosh will be on CD-ROM soon, in stack form, which will
| hopefully be updated at least as regularly as the Tech Note stack is.

Can I hope, beyond all hope, that this means that IM will be updated and
consolidated?  I mean, they're not going to just take a 5 year old manual,
slop it onto a CD-ROM, and charge for it, are they?  Of course, I would
want to buy a print version of the updated manuals and not a "stack".

--
Jim Wright
jwright@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu

silverio@brahms.berkeley.edu (C J Silverio) (11/29/89)

>chewy@apple.com (Paul Snively) writes:
>| As if that weren't
>| enough, Inside Macintosh will be on CD-ROM soon, in stack form, which will
>| hopefully be updated at least as regularly as the Tech Note stack is.

WHAT? How did I miss this note?

In article <2028@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu> jwright@atanasoff.cs.iastate.edu (Jim Wright) writes:
>Can I hope, beyond all hope, that this means that IM will be updated and
>consolidated?  I mean, they're not going to just take a 5 year old manual,
>slop it onto a CD-ROM, and charge for it, are they?  Of course, I would
>want to buy a print version of the updated manuals and not a "stack".

OH PLEASE! OH PLEASE! WHO can I beg, bribe, beseach to update Inside
Mac so I don't have to cope with "delta documents" any more?

I'll do just about anything to get quality, up to date Macintosh
technical programming guides.

Let's stamp out "delta documents" in our time.