[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Lightspeed Pascal Woes

athos@apple.com (Rick Eames) (11/30/89)

Okay, it's like this:

If I declare this:

VAR
  myPB: HParamBlockRec;

myPB.ioDenyModes:=2+16+32;

Lightspeed then tells me that, no, Pal, ioDenyModes is not a record of
HParamBlockRec.  Which of course is not true.  If I try the sensible
solution:

myPB.accessParam.ioDenyModes...

I still get the same doo-doo.

What is going on here?

Rick Eames

Not Apple's opinions.....blah.....blah.......blah

pvh@Apple.COM (Pete Helme) (11/30/89)

Chances are your interfaces in THINK Pascal haven't been updated for IM V's
shared file manager stuff.  I recommend seeing your local copy of MPW Pascal
3.x for details.

Pete Helme
MacDTS
Apple Computer (2nd cubicle on the right)

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (12/01/89)

In article <5500@internal.Apple.COM> athos@apple.com (Rick Eames) writes:

>myPB.ioDenyModes:=2+16+32;
	ioDenyModes was not part of the File Manager as of MPW 2.0, from
which the THINK Pascal interfaces are derived.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Rich Siegel
 Staff Software Developer
 Symantec Corporation, Language Products Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
 UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

"There is no personal problem which cannot be solved by sufficient
application of high explosives."

athos@apple.com (Rick Eames) (12/01/89)

In article <3300@husc6.harvard.edu> siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel)
writes:
> >myPB.ioDenyModes:=2+16+32;
>         ioDenyModes was not part of the File Manager as of MPW 2.0, from
> which the THINK Pascal interfaces are derived.

Why then, I ask, is PBHOpenDeny supported while the HParamBlockRec Variant
needed to run it is not?  Are we planning on upgrading anytime soon, or do
I have to switch to TML Pascal II?