[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Macbugs update

ziff@zippy.eecs.umich.edu (Brian Moore) (11/10/89)

  I was wondering if anybody knows when the new version of Macbugs will be
released.  I have a IIci right now and need some sort of debugger that will
work( I've heard that TMON won't work either).  Can anybody give me a clue.

                                                   Thanks,
                                                       Brian Moore
                                                    (ziff@zip.eecs.umich.edu)

d6maca@dtek.chalmers.se. (Martin Carlberg) (12/07/89)

In article <776@zip.eecs.umich.edu> ziff@zippy.eecs.umich.edu (Brian Moore) writes:

>  I was wondering if anybody knows when the new version of Macbugs will be
>released.  I have a IIci right now and need some sort of debugger that will
>work( I've heard that TMON won't work either).  Can anybody give me a clue.

I have a IIci and using SADE as a debugger. It's very good.

- Martin Carlberg
- Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden

jmunkki@kampi.hut.fi (Juri Munkki) (12/07/89)

In <776@zip.eecs.umich.edu> ziff@zippy.eecs.umich.edu (Brian Moore) writes:
>  I was wondering if anybody knows when the new version of Macbugs will be
>released.  I have a IIci right now and need some sort of debugger that will
>work( I've heard that TMON won't work either).  Can anybody give me a clue.

I have a II right now, but when I sell it, I'll either get a IIcx or IIci.
The only reason I'm considering a IIcx is that TMON doesn't work 100%
with the IIci. (It doesn't work with the portable either.)

Is there any work being done to upgrade TMON? I'm certain that Apple will
keep on supporting Macsbug, but has Mr. Horwat given up on TMON?

I've really grown fond of the way I can keep several disassembly listings
and hex dumps in windows. The last version of Macsbug I saw still looked
like something from an Apple II. TMON has some weaknesses, but the windowing
makes it superior to Macsbug.

|     Juri Munkki jmunkki@hut.fi  jmunkki@fingate.bitnet        I Want   Ne   |
|     Helsinki University of Technology Computing Centre        My Own   XT   |
^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

puklich@sparky.UUCP (Blayne Puklich) (12/07/89)

In article <1989Dec6.212055.12766@santra.uucp> jmunkki@kampi.hut.fi
	(Juri Munkki) writes:
>In <776@zip.eecs.umich.edu> ziff@zippy.eecs.umich.edu (Brian Moore) writes:
>>  I was wondering if anybody knows when the new version of Macbugs will be
>>released.  I have a IIci right now and need some sort of debugger that will
>>work( I've heard that TMON won't work either).  Can anybody give me a clue.
>
>I have a II right now, but when I sell it, I'll either get a IIcx or IIci.
>The only reason I'm considering a IIcx is that TMON doesn't work 100%
>with the IIci. (It doesn't work with the portable either.)
>
>Is there any work being done to upgrade TMON? I'm certain that Apple will
>keep on supporting Macsbug, but has Mr. Horwat given up on TMON?

The newest version of TMON, 2.8.3, can handle the SE/30, IIx, IIcx, IIci
and portable, according to the mailing I got from ICOM Simulations, and
also according to a phone call I made to them quite a while back.  The
upgrade will cost a whole $15, which is pretty reasonable considering what
some companies are charging for upgrades.

||+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++||
|| Blayne Puklich      nopuklic@Plains.NoDak.EDU  "I think I'm going       ||
|| NDSU Student ACM Vice-Chair                          bald..."           ||
|| North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND        -- Rush, from Caress    ||
|| (701) 237-4408                                     of Steel, 1975       ||
|| Damn it's cold up here in the Great White North!                        ||
||     Alternate address: puklich@Sparky.NoDak.EDU (Until Dec 7th).        ||

Fabian@cup.portal.com (Fabian Fabe Ramirez) (12/07/89)

Brian,

MacsBug 6.1 is available.