[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Patch for non-blinking cursor wanted

ianf@nada.kth.se (Ian Feldman) (12/10/89)

  There are applications that manage to make it a non-blinking one.
  How do I achieve same result at will using, say, ResEdit?

--Ian Feldman /  ianf@nada.kth.se || uunet!nada.kth.se!ianf
             / "Go ahead, make my day, tell me to RTFM"

earleh@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Earle R. Horton) (12/10/89)

In article <2509@draken.nada.kth.se> ianf@nada.kth.se (Ian Feldman) writes:

>  There are applications that manage to make it a non-blinking one.
>  How do I achieve same result at will using, say, ResEdit?
>
>--Ian Feldman /  ianf@nada.kth.se || uunet!nada.kth.se!ianf
>             / "Go ahead, make my day, tell me to RTFM"

An application blinks the cursor by itself, actively, in its own
program code, which is why it is no mystery how some applications can
have a non-blinking one.  The control panel buttons for "Rate of
Insertion Point Blinking" provide a hint, via a low memory global, as to
how often the insertion point or text cursor should be blinked.  There
is no way to unblink the text cursor short of recompiling the application
in question from the source code.

Earle R. Horton