[comp.sys.mac.programmer] ftping from Apple.com

macgyver@banana.cis.ohio-state.edu (wilson m liaw) (12/12/89)

	I don't know if it's just me. But I can't access apple.com's
dts/mac/mpw directory, which I was told where the 3.1 notes are found.
Has this happen to anyone else?

				Mac

-=-
Wilson "Mac" Liaw                    |Don't fall in love, it's too complicated.
Internet:macgyver@cis.ohio-state.edu |                    - Molly Ringwald
Disclaimer:Nobody knows what I am talking about, including myself.

puklich@plains.UUCP (Blayne Puklich) (12/13/89)

In article <74903@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> wilson m liaw <macgyver@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>	I don't know if it's just me. But I can't access apple.com's
>dts/mac/mpw directory, which I was told where the 3.1 notes are found.
>Has this happen to anyone else?

Well, you're looking for the wrong directory.  Try /pub/dts/mac/tn, you'll
find them all there (or in a subdirectory of this).

If you're confused when you ftp anonymously into a machine, and the host
has a /pub directory in the root directory for anonymous ftp, try it.
Chances are that's where everything is.

Hope this helps.

||+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++||
|| Blayne Puklich      puklich@Plains.NoDak.EDU      "I think I'm going    ||
|| NDSU ACM Vice-Chair nopuklic@Vaxosaur.NoDak.EDU      bald..."           ||
|| NDSU, Fargo, ND     This space intentionally left  -- Rush, from Caress ||
|| (701) 237-4408                blank.                  of Steel, 1975    ||
||-------------------------------------------------------------------------||

macgyver@banana.cis.ohio-state.edu (wilson m liaw) (12/13/89)

In article <2987@plains.UUCP> puklich@plains.UUCP (Blayne Puklich) writes:
>In article <74903@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> wilson m liaw <macgyver@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>>	I don't know if it's just me. But I can't access apple.com's
>>dts/mac/mpw directory, which I was told where the 3.1 notes are found.
>>Has this happen to anyone else?
>
>Well, you're looking for the wrong directory.  Try /pub/dts/mac/tn, you'll
>find them all there (or in a subdirectory of this).

	Yes, /pub/dts/mac/mpw is the right directory. According to a post
from Apple a while ago, it has MPW 3.1 interface file and MPW 3.1 notes.

				Mac

-=-

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (12/13/89)

In article <74903@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> wilson m liaw <macgyver@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>	I don't know if it's just me. But I can't access apple.com's
>dts/mac/mpw directory, which I was told where the 3.1 notes are found.
>Has this happen to anyone else?

This directory will remain locked until MPW 3.1 is officially shipping from
APDA.  Product management asked us to do this since we posted the interfaces
before they had officially signed them off and sent them to APDA.  Sorry
about the inconvenience, but the directory will be unlocked when we get the
okay.  Thanks for your patience.

--
Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_

mpp@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Michael P Pyle) (12/13/89)

In article <74903@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> wilson m liaw <macgyver@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:

>	I don't know if it's just me. But I can't access apple.com's
>dts/mac/mpw directory, which I was told where the 3.1 notes are found.
>Has this happen to anyone else?
>
>				Mac

	I can't seem to get in as well. Does anyone know what the
scoop is?

			-mike

Michael Pyle - Columbia University			Just somebody
mpp@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu			      trying to graduate.

* # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * #
*									      #
*  "I think that it's extraordinarily important that we in computer science   #
*   keep fun in computing.  When it started out, it was an awful lot of fun.  #
*   Of course, the paying customers got shafted every now and then, and after #
*   a while we began to take their complaints seriously."                     #
*									      #
*							- Alan J Perlis       #
*									      #
* # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * # * #

ph@cci632.UUCP (Pete Hoch) (12/14/89)

wilson m. liaw writes:

> 	I don't know if it's just me. But I can't access apple.com's
> dts/mac/mpw directory, which I was told where the 3.1 notes are found.
> Has this happen to anyone else?

> 				Mac

I have been trying to access the mpw directory for the last two weeks.
Unfortunately the premission on the directory is 'rwx --- ---'  and
it seems that anaymous does not own the directory.  I was also after
the MPW 3.1 notes.  Perhaps someone there can open the directory up
again.

Thanks,
Pete Hoch