[comp.sys.mac.programmer] init type timing application question...

reeck@lclark.UUCP (David Reeck) (12/22/89)

	I am (trying) to write an init that will alert you at time x.
What I need to know is, how does one really go about this? As I understand
it, an 'init' is run once, at startup; correct? Does the init then install
a driver into memory that watches for events, or can compare itself to the
system clock? Any details would be very useful, please either post to the
net or reply to me at..
	reeck@lclark.bitnet -or- !tektronix!reed!lclark!reeck
Dave Reeck

peirce@claris.com (Michael Peirce) (01/02/90)

In article <860@lclark.UUCP> reeck@lclark.UUCP (David Reeck) writes:

>	I am (trying) to write an init that will alert you at time x.
>What I need to know is, how does one really go about this? As I understand
>it, an 'init' is run once, at startup; correct? Does the init then install
>a driver into memory that watches for events, or can compare itself to the
>system clock? Any details would be very useful, please either post to the
>net or reply to me at..
>	reeck@lclark.bitnet -or- !tektronix!reed!lclark!reeck
>Dave Reeck

Take a look at the TimeManager.  It lets you schedule a completion routine
that gets called after a specified amount of time.  It's easy to use.

Make sure you read the tech notes on this manager though.

 Claris Corp. | Michael R. Peirce