[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Is MPW 3.1 available?

rick@jessica.Stanford.EDU (Rick Wong) (01/10/90)

I noticed that apple.com's mpw directory is unprotected again -- does this
mean that MPW 3.1 is now available?

The release notes contained therein state that the linker now strips jump-
table entries for monomorphic Object Pascal methods.  Does anyone have any
idea how many jump-table entries this is likely to eliminate in a large
MacApp application?  (1%?  5%?  25%? 75%?)

Thanks,

Rick Wong
Academic Information Resources
Stanford University
rick@jessica.stanford.edu

rickf@Apple.COM (Rick Fleischman) (01/10/90)

In article <8084@portia.Stanford.EDU> rick@jessica.Stanford.EDU (Rick Wong) writes:
>I noticed that apple.com's mpw directory is unprotected again -- does this
>mean that MPW 3.1 is now available?

Unfortunately, no.  MPW v.3.1 is not yet available through APDA.  Stay tuned.

Rick Fleischman
Developer Channels/APDA
Apple Computer, Inc.
e-mail: rickf@apple.com