[comp.sys.mac.programmer] How do I determine the serial line speed?

minow@mountn.dec.com (Martin Minow) (01/11/90)

In a program that sends data through the serial line, I have a dialog
that sets the line parameters (line speed, parity, etc.)  However,
I haven't discovered anything in Inside Mac that tells me how to
determine the current parameters, i.e., "Get" equivalents to
SerReset and SerHShake.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Martin Minow
minow@thundr.enet.dec.com

chesley@goofy.apple.com (Harry Chesley) (01/13/90)

In article <1225@mountn.dec.com> minow@mountn.dec.com (Martin Minow)
writes:
> In a program that sends data through the serial line, I have a dialog
> that sets the line parameters (line speed, parity, etc.)  However,
> I haven't discovered anything in Inside Mac that tells me how to
> determine the current parameters, i.e., "Get" equivalents to
> SerReset and SerHShake.

Nope, as far as I know there's no way to find out what the current
settings are, short of horrible practices like going out and talking to
the SCC directly. In my programs, I keep a record of what I set the line
to so I can return that information.

Note that the Comm Toolbox does have a get configuration function.