[comp.sys.mac.programmer] CODE in the system file?

brianb@plasma.kinetics.com (Brian Bulkowski) (01/18/90)

Hi,
I've got a question. Does anyone know of any programs that add
'CODE' resources to the System file? I've been seeing some crop
up, but not on my system and I can't find out what programs are
causing it. Are there any good reasons to put 'CODE' in the System
file?

Brian Bulkowski
Programmer Type
brianb@kinetics.com

doner@henri.ucsb.edu (John Doner) (01/19/90)

In article <975@excelan.COM> brianb@kinetics.com (Brian Bulkowski) writes:
>I've got a question. Does anyone know of any programs that add
>'CODE' resources to the System file? I've been seeing some crop

I think some early versions of TOPS included CODE resources in the
desk accessory, so when you installed the da in the System File, those
resources came with it.  Maybe some other da's do the same.  I use
Suitcase nowadays and install very few da's in the System File.

John		doner@henri.ucsb.edu