[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Macintosh Raster Image

robiner@oberon.usc.edu (Steve Robiner) (01/20/90)

Does anyone know of any application or utility which can convert an
existing Macintosh graphics format (ie, PICT, PICT2, GIF, TIFF, etc)
into stardard raster format (ie, uncompressed, unencoded, 1 byte per
pixel, bit stream).

If one does not exist, what would be the easiest Mac format to convert
into raster, and how would I get the specs on that format?

Thanks muchly, in advance,

=Steve=

d88-jwa@nada.kth.se (Jon Watte) (01/21/90)

In article <22410@usc.edu> robiner@oberon.usc.edu (Steve Robiner) writes:
>Does anyone know of any application or utility which can convert an
>existing Macintosh graphics format (ie, PICT, PICT2, GIF, TIFF, etc)
>into stardard raster format (ie, uncompressed, unencoded, 1 byte per
>pixel, bit stream).

Well, how about the built-in DrawPicture() and CopyBits ?

Basically, you draw to the screen (or an offscreen bitmap depending on
personal taste and size of picture) and then read the bits directly.
No problem. Especially in the offscreen bitmap version, where you have
complete control over the process.

This is good for PICT and PICT2, of course.

h+
--
   ---  Stay alert !  -  Trust no one !  -  Keep your laser handy !  ---
             h+@nada.kth.se  ==  h+@proxxi.se  ==  Jon Watte