[comp.sys.mac.programmer] THINK C 4.0 Unix main.c

lim@iris.ucdavis.edu (Lloyd Lim) (01/23/90)

I'm sure this has been addressed before but I don't usually use the Unix stuff
so I didn't miss it.  Where is the file Unix main.c in the THINK C 4.0 release?
It's not on any of my original floppies.  The manual does mention it so I
guess it was an oversight.  Is it ok to use the Unix main.c that came with
the 3.x versions?

+++
Lloyd Lim     Internet: lim@iris.ucdavis.edu (128.120.57.20)
              Compuserve: 72647,660
              US Mail: 146 Lysle Leach Hall, U.C. Davis, Davis, CA 95616

root@brain.UUCP (Chuck Shotton) (01/23/90)

lim@iris.ucdavis.edu (Lloyd Lim) writes:

>I'm sure this has been addressed before but I don't usually use the Unix stuff
>so I didn't miss it.  Where is the file Unix main.c in the THINK C 4.0 release?
>It's not on any of my original floppies.  The manual does mention it so I
>guess it was an oversight.  Is it ok to use the Unix main.c that came with
>the 3.x versions?

Yep, it's o.k. to use the 3.x version. Unix main.c has (sort of) been
superceded by library routines that support the input of command line
arguments (which was just about all Unix main did anyway), so I don't think
it's included in 4.0. (At least, I could never find it, and it's not in the
manuals.) I just used the 3.0 version.