[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Scrolling SF{Get,Put}File

daf@pacvax.UUCP (David A. Fagan) (02/01/90)

In article <1537@sequent.cs.qmc.ac.uk> jeremyr@cs.qmc.ac.uk (Jeremy Roussak) writes:

>Several programs (SFScroll INIT, Boomerang, Rebound, etc) persuade
>SFGetFile to appear scrolled to a certain selected file.  How is this
>done? (I'd like to do the same in one of my apps).
>All help gratefully received.
>
>Jeremy Roussak

It seems that boomerang does this by simulating a mousedown & drag in the
scrollbar "thumb".  How do I know this? - an unpleasant interaction between
Boomerang & the AltCDEF init.  (AltCDEF is an alternative to the standard
scrollbar - it supplies both arrows on either end of the scrollbar). One
"feature" of AltCDEF is the credits dialog box it brings up if you
command-click on the thumb.
	So what happens if you bring up SFGetFile with a command key
equivalent AND the Boomerang wants to scroll in the current directory? Yup,
you guessed it, AltCDEF sees a command-click on the thumb. Sometimes it brings
up the credits box, sometimes the SFGetFile hangs altogether. :-b

Anybody found a mod for either of these to make them compatible?

Dave Fagan
uunet!pacvax!daf