[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Help needed with Script Manager

jh@ist.CO.UK (Jeremy Huxtable) (02/01/90)

I am trying to use the Script manager but don't know how to call the
SM routines. I have most of Inside Mac, the Script manager development
kit, and the SM technical notes, and Think C 3. The C compiler does not
have the definitions of the newer script manager routines, so I need to
use assembler, but am completely stuck because I don't know the value of
_ScriptUtil, only its name. The technical note gives inline assembler for
calling all the SM routines but uses two constants called smPushLong and
smTrapWord which are not defined in any of the documentation I have.

Can anyone help? What are these mysterious constants? Why have I spent
over 120 pounds on books and am still unable to call a single routine?
Will upgrading to Think C 4 help?

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy Huxtable

wdh@well.sf.ca.us (Bill Hofmann) (02/09/90)

In article <2585@istop.ist.CO.UK> jh@ist.CO.UK (Jeremy Huxtable) writes:
>Can anyone help? What are these mysterious constants? Why have I spent
>over 120 pounds on books and am still unable to call a single routine?
>Will upgrading to Think C 4 help?

Welcome to the Script Manager.  Think C 4.0 *does* have the latest version
(0210) of the scrip manager includes, so it should let you do everything the
MPW C includes do.  Those Tech Notes were the result of my (among others)
questions to MacDTS, who discovered that the script manager engineers didn't
know the answer either (they were new).  The total lack of proper documentation
was the result of the Script Manager being in the International division,
not the System Software division, where it now is.  So there's hope.

-Bill