[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MDS

wahl-e@CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (Edward A Wahl) (02/09/90)

     I am in search of a version of MDS that runs on the MacIIcx and IIci.  Is
there a version?  Is it available from Apple?  I am a relativly new Mac user
at Ohio State, but love assembly language.  The Mac assembler I used in my CS
course did not run (At least the editor wouldn't) on my IIcx.  It was version
2.0d1  Can you send E-mail info?  The address and cost would also be helpful.
Information on The developers society would also be appreciated.  I will
summarize for the net.  Thanks in advance.
"Only a mediocre man is always at his best"  W. Somerset Baugham

"I only wish I HAD a job!" -- wahl-e@cis.ohio-state.edu

lefty@twg.com (David N. Schlesinger) (02/11/90)

In article <CMM.0.88.634519889.wahl-e@sioux.cis.ohio-state.edu>
wahl-e@CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (Edward A Wahl) writes:
> I am in search of a version of MDS that runs on the MacIIcx and IIci.  Is
> there a version?  Is it available from Apple?  I am a relativly new Mac user
> at Ohio State, but love assembly language.  The Mac assembler I used in my   > CS course did not run (At least the editor wouldn't) on my IIcx.  It was
> version 2.0d1.

I believe that MDS is only available from the original publisher,
Consulair.  I don't have their address in front of me, but I believe that
they're in Idaho.

The package hasn't, as far as I know, been updated in about 400 years so I
think that a version for the IIci is an unlikelihood...  You'd be much
better off, IMHO, with the MPW assembler under any circumstances.  It is a vastly superior assembler, as well as a superior development environment.

Best,

Lefty

          David N. Schlesinger   || "There's a word for it: words don't
          The Wollongong Group   ||  mean a thing.  There's a name for it;
Internet: Lefty@twg.com          ||  names make all the difference in the
POTS:     415/962-7219           ||  world..." -- David Byrne