[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MIDI Manager question

rothberg@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Edward Rothberg) (02/10/90)

I have what appears to be a silly question.  Has anyone successfully
used the MIDI Manager on a Mac Plus?  I keep thinking, "That's silly.
Of course the MIDI Manager works on a Plus.  It's Apple system
software, and the Plus is a supported machine."  However, I have two
programs which work fine on my SE/30 using the MIDI Manager, but don't
work on my friend's Plus (System 6.0.2, no inits, MIDI Manager v1.2,
Apple MIDI interface).  When I say "don't work", I mean they haven't
successfully sent or received a single MIDI packet.  I have tried lots
of programs which use their own MIDI drivers on his machine and they
all worked just fine.  Can anyone confirm that the MIDI Manager (v1.2)
does actually work on some Mac Plus?

Ed Rothberg
rothberg@neon.stanford.edu

nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk (Nick Rothwell) (02/12/90)

In article <1990Feb9.231108.26720@Neon.Stanford.EDU>, rothberg@Neon (Edward Rothberg) writes:
>Can anyone confirm that the MIDI Manager (v1.2)
>does actually work on some Mac Plus?

I've heard that MIDI Manager 1.2 doesn't work on a Plus, due to bugs
in the Apple Serial Drivers (although the MIDI Manager proper does,
I think). I'm still using version 1.1 of everything, which is fine.

Anybody at Apple want to comment?

>Ed Rothberg

		Nick.
--
Nick Rothwell,	Laboratory for Foundations of Computer Science, Edinburgh.
		nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk    <Atlantic Ocean>!mcvax!ukc!lfcs!nick