[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Disabling Multifinder

matherr@cs.glasgow.ac.uk (Ross M Mather) (02/12/90)

Is there a way to disable the Multifinder Icon in the top right corner of the
screen (In THINK Pascal) ?

The application in question has no menus so any suggestions to totally remove
the menu bar would be acceptable, if you can tell me how to do it.

Ta Much
Ross
--
* USEnet   :  matherr!glasgow!mcsun!...  |  Senior Honours Comp. Sci. Dept.    *
* ARPAnet  :  matherr@cs.glasgow.ac.uk   |  University Of Glasgow, Scotland.   *

merlyn@digibd (Brian Westley (Merlyn LeRoy)) (02/20/90)

matherr@cs.glasgow.ac.uk (Ross M Mather) writes:
>Is there a way to disable the Multifinder Icon in the top right corner of the
>screen (In THINK Pascal) ?

I'm working on some games that don't use the mouse 'correctly', and to
disable the multifinder switching I turn off mouse down events.
This was the simplest method that I've found.  I still think that
multifinder shouldn't switch if the cursor is invisible...

---
Merlyn LeRoy
PS: you can tell when the mouse goes down, of course; you just don't
get an event for it.