[comp.sys.mac.programmer] whither WaitNextEvent

rich@sendai.sendai.ann-arbor.mi.us (K. Richard Magill) (02/25/90)

I've been through apple.com, the technotes, inside mac, etc. but can't
figure out where WaitNextEvent() is described.  I think I know
basically what it does but as of MPW3 I can't just replace calls to
GetNextEvent() with the same arguments.

What's the story?  Will there ever be a document describing macOs?

bowman@reed.UUCP (Eric Bowman) (02/25/90)

Try _Programmer's Guide to Multifinder_, available through APDA.

BobO
bowman@reed.{bitnet,UUCP}

oster@well.sf.ca.us (David Phillip Oster) (02/26/90)

Multifinder documentation is available from APDA.  Apple sent preliminary
System 7 documentation to all registered developers.

WaitNextEvent takes two additional parameters:
a LongInt, the number of ticks, max, to sleep, before returning a nullEvent
a handle to a Region, in global coordinates. If the mouse goes outside
of that region, you'll start getting events informing you that the mouse is
outside your region. You are supposed to modify the cursor, modify the region,
and wait again.

--
-- David Phillip Oster - Note new address. Old one has gone Bye Bye.
-- oster@well.sf.ca.us = {backbone}!well!oster

dwb@archer.apple.com (David W. Berry) (02/27/90)

In article <16398@well.sf.ca.us> oster@well.UUCP (David Phillip Oster) writes:
>a LongInt, the number of ticks, max, to sleep, before returning a nullEvent
>a handle to a Region, in global coordinates. If the mouse goes outside
>of that region, you'll start getting events informing you that the mouse is
>outside your region. You are supposed to modify the cursor, modify the region,
>and wait again.
	Just a clarification, since I'm sure you already know this,
	you will get mouse moved events any time the mouse >is< outside
	the region given, not anytime the mouse >moves< outside the
	region