[comp.sys.mac.programmer] TIFF file format PLEASE!!!!!!!!

polman@kunivv1.sci.kun.nl (Ben Polman) (02/22/90)

Could some kind soul please send me the TIFF file format
or provide a reference to where it may be found.
I'm also interested in the PICT format.

           Ben Polman
           polman@sci.kun.nl

marc@Apple.COM (Mark Dawson) (02/23/90)

In article <1068@kunivv1.sci.kun.nl> polman@kunivv1.sci.kun.nl (Ben Polman) writes:
>Could some kind soul please send me the TIFF file format
>or provide a reference to where it may be found.
>I'm also interested in the PICT format.
>
>           Ben Polman
>           polman@sci.kun.nl

Sometime in 1987-1988 (Sorry I can't be more specific), Dr. Dobb's Journal
ran an artical on TIFF and other file formats.  They included an address of
a company in Berkley (Ca) where you could send away for FREE source code and
documentation of it.  I've switched  companies since then (I did get the doc &&
source code), so I can't send it to you.  Maybe someone else here still has it,
or knowns the specific month that this article appeared?

  Mark

polman@kunivv1.sci.kun.nl (Ben Polman) (02/23/90)

I'd like to thank the people who send me pointers to where
to get a description of the TIFF file format. For those who
have shown interest here follow two locations where you can get it:
  TIFF format at sumex-aim.stanford.edu in info-mac/misc/tiff-file-format.txt
  tiff-50.arc at 128.214.12.3 in pc/doc ( this is at Vaasa Finland)
I must admit that the format is more complicated than I had expected. If
there is sourcecode available somewhere I'd be very grateful. I guess that
I will wait a week before I start writing my own code so I you have access
to sourcecode to implement the TIFF format please let me know soon.

                Ben Polman
                polman@sci.kun.nl

anamaria@violet.berkeley.edu (Peter Rauch) (02/26/90)

In article <1068@kunivv1.sci.kun.nl> polman@kunivv1.sci.kun.nl (Ben Polman) writes:
>Could some kind soul please send me the TIFF file format
>or provide a reference to where it may be found.
>I'm also interested in the PICT format.
>
>           Ben Polman
>           polman@sci.kun.nl

Try Aldus Corp, 411 First Ave South, #200, Seattle, WA 98104, USA.

Ask for their TIFF Developer's Toolkit.  It includes several documents
plus some software.  They charge something like $20 plus shipping.

Contact their Developer's Desk (206) 628-6593, for further information about
the status of this documentation (the above information was good as of July 89).

wayne@nih-csl.UUCP (wayne rasband) (02/28/90)

A document describing the TIFF 4.0 format is available
via anonymous FTP from alw.nih.gov (128.231.128.251) in
the directory /pub/image.

Wayne Rasband
wayne@helix.nih.gov