[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Did'ja ever notice..

larryh@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM (Larry Hutchinson) (03/03/90)

I found it somewhat amusing that comp.sys.ibm.pc.programmer was
third from the bottom in the latest "BOTTOM 20 NEWSGROUPS IN ORDER
BY PROPAGATION" (from news.lists) sandwiched right between biz.clarinet
and alt.skinheads.

I suppose pc programmers would claim this shows how easy it is to
program on their <explitive deleted> machine.

Larry Hutchinson, Tektronix, Inc. PO Box 500, MS 50-383, Beaverton, OR 97077
larryh@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM

hv@uwasa.fi (Harri Valkama LAKE) (03/03/90)

In article <7001@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM> larryh@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM (Larry Hutchinson) writes:

>I found it somewhat amusing that comp.sys.ibm.pc.programmer was
>third from the bottom in the latest "BOTTOM 20 NEWSGROUPS IN ORDER
>BY PROPAGATION" (from news.lists) sandwiched right between biz.clarinet
>and alt.skinheads.
>
>I suppose pc programmers would claim this shows how easy it is to
>program on their <explitive deleted> machine.

Oh Yeah. Amusing? Do you know how long this particular list has
been up and running? To your notice: It started just a week or two
ago.

--

	----------------Harri Valkama (hv@uwasa.fi)-------------
			University of Vaasa, Finland

blm@6sceng.UUCP (Brian Matthews) (03/03/90)

In article <7001@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM> larryh@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM (Larry Hutchinson) writes:
|I found it somewhat amusing that comp.sys.ibm.pc.programmer was
|third from the bottom in the latest "BOTTOM 20 NEWSGROUPS IN ORDER
|BY PROPAGATION" (from news.lists) sandwiched right between biz.clarinet
|and alt.skinheads.

Although I tend to agree with your sentiments on IBM PCs, I would also note
that the data Brian uses may be up to a month old (I believe the cut off
date is the last day of the month, so any data sent the first of the month
won't be used until the end of the month), and c.s.i.p.p wasn't created until
two or three weeks ago.  I would expect c.s.i.p.p to move up this month.
--
Brian L. Matthews	blm@6sceng.UUCP