[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MacApp TGridView selection bug

strasser@psych.psy.uq.oz (Michael Strasser) (03/07/90)

There is an annoying bug in cell selection in TGridView objects and
descendents.  They sometimes lose the connection between a cell's selection
status and its highlighting status, so that it shows as highlighted when
not selected, and unhighlighted when selected.

Does anyone know of the fix for this bug (we're using MacApp 2.0b5)?
I have seen it in a few independent cases of TGridView descendents.

Mike Strasser
Psychology Department
University of Queensland
Australia

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (03/08/90)

In article <416@psych.psy.uq.oz> strasser@psych.psy.uq.oz (Michael Strasser) writes:
>There is an annoying bug in cell selection in TGridView objects and
>descendents.  They sometimes lose the connection between a cell's selection
>status and its highlighting status, so that it shows as highlighted when
>not selected, and unhighlighted when selected.
>
>Does anyone know of the fix for this bug (we're using MacApp 2.0b5)?
>I have seen it in a few independent cases of TGridView descendents.

I haven't seen this bug nor have I heard of it, so I don't know if it's been
fixed or not. However, I haven't used MacApp 2.0b5 in a long time. The current
version of MacApp is 2.0b9, which had most of that TGridCell logic totally
rewritten. If you can reproduce the bug with that version, I would be very
interested to hear about it.

INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"Argue for your Apple, and sure enough, it's yours" - Keith Rollin, Contusions