[comp.sys.mac.programmer] THINK C Library Resources??

phd@speech2.cs.cmu.edu (Paul Dietz) (03/08/90)

I have a THINK C project that I would like to build into a library.  The
project has a file of resources (created with ResEdit) that is supposed to
go with it.  I tried choosing Build Library... from the Project menu.
This appears to be what I want but there is a problem with the library that is
produced this way.  When I include it in other projects it doesn't have
its resources.  It only works if I add the resources from the library's
project resource file to the current resource file.  How can I build a
library that has its own resources which get automatically merged in with
the project's resources? (If you can do this, does it guarantee that there
are no ID numbering conflicts?)

Cathy Strowbridge
(cms@faraday.ece.cmu.edu)

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (03/08/90)

In article <8329@pt.cs.cmu.edu> phd@speech2.cs.cmu.edu (Paul Dietz) writes:
>I have a THINK C project that I would like to build into a library.  The
>project has a file of resources (created with ResEdit) that is supposed to
>go with it.  I tried choosing Build Library... from the Project menu.

	When you Build Library, the library contains only the code of the
project; there is no library management for resources.

	It is possible to maintain libraries of resources with ResEdit - that's
how I do it - but there is no automatic support in THINK C (or THINK Pascal)
for doing so.

R.

 Rich Siegel
 Staff Software Developer
 Symantec Corporation, Language Products Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
 UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

"When someone who makes four hundred and fifty dollars an hour wants to
tell you something for free, it's a good idea to listen."