[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Simulating XOR in color

rdd@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Robert Dorsett) (03/16/90)

In article <52297@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV> sierra@das.UUCP (Frankie Sierra) writes:
>Wayne, if you are dealing directly with the color manager without using
>the palette manager, then you should be able to XOR by yourself.

Would you mind providing an example?  I've spent about three hours trying to
do this, with utterly no success (which means it's a conceptual fault on my
part).  In effect, I'd like to use an arbitrary background color, and draw
lines in an arbitrary foreground RGB color.  I would like the foreground lines
to behave, in essence, like they were drawn xor'd (as black lines would on a
monochrome system).  I don't care what color any overlap is, provided that
overlap disappears when all lines are erased again.

Please keep the discussion high-level--I'd preferably like to do this with
as few adjustments to my forecolor()/penmode()-based routines as possible...
:-)

Perhaps needless to say, my experiments with patxor or srcxor have been, uh,
unsatisfactory...:-)