[comp.sys.mac.programmer] mouse interrupt handler help

gordo@dgp.toronto.edu (Gordon Kurtenbach) (03/20/90)

Does anyone have a piece of C code that will allow me to replace the mouse
interrupt handler with my own routine? What would be perfect would be code
to replace the handler address and an example of a replacement handler that
just duplicates the function of the original. I think I need this code
because I want to occasionally decouple the mouse from the cursor, that is,
leave the cursor at a spot on the screen while mouselocation can still be
varied. In otherwords, I would like to intercept new mouse locations, before
they are turned into cursor locations.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Gord Kurtenbach

chaffee@reed.UUCP (Alex Chaffee) (03/21/90)

In article <1990Mar19.110257.341@jarvis.csri.toronto.edu> gordo@dgp.toronto.edu (Gordon Kurtenbach) writes:

>Does anyone have a piece of C code that will allow me to replace the mouse
>interrupt handler with my own routine?

There's an INIT called AutoCruise which does this itself.  I think it comes
with source code.  If you can't find it, I'll dig through my disks and find
you a copy.

--
Alex Chaffee
chaffee@reed.UUCP