[comp.sys.mac.programmer] 32bit Quickdraw

spencer@eecs.umich.edu (Spencer W. Thomas) (08/16/89)

Ok, so I've got a copy of 6.0.3 and 32bit QD from my "local dealer"
(the College computing staff), but no documentation.  Where can I get
docs on how to use this beast?

--
=Spencer (spencer@eecs.umich.edu)

viraf@gwusun.gwu.edu (Viraf Bankwalla) (08/19/89)

Hi,

  Does anyone out there have docs to 32 Bit Quickdraw ?

  What are the new features ?

  ANY info would be appreciated...

  Thanks in advance.

  viraf bankwalla
  viraf@gwusun.gwu.edu
  uunet!gwusun!viraf

anson@spray.CalComp.COM (Ed Anson) (08/22/89)

In article <SPENCER.89Aug16104221@spline.eecs.umich.edu> spencer@eecs.umich.edu (Spencer W. Thomas) writes:
>Ok, so I've got a copy of 6.0.3 and 32bit QD from my "local dealer"
>(the College computing staff), but no documentation.  Where can I get
>docs on how to use this beast?

To USE it, just drop it in your System folder and re-boot.

However, if you want to write compatible software, consider two things:

1. It is compatible with the old style graphics.

2. The extensions are documented in notes sent to developers. You might try
APDA, but I haven't noticed the notes in their catalog yet. Your best bet is
to find a Certified Developer / Apple Partner in your area who has the notes
or who will download them from AppleLink for you.

Good luck.
   Ed Anson,    Calcomp Display Products Division,    Hudson NH 03051
   (603) 885-8712,      anson@elrond.CalComp.COM

viraf@gwusun.gwu.edu (Viraf Bankwalla) (08/25/89)

Hi,

  I have been trying to get technical info on 32 bit QuickDraw, without any
success.  Is there any means I can get this info without being a developer ?
I am trying to get the University to join, but until then what can I do ?

  The only thing that I have been able to find is their Color Demo Disk, on
AppleLink.

  Any pointers/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

  Thanks in advance.

  viraf bankwalla
  viraf@gwusun.gwu.edu
  uunet!gwusun!viraf

  Applelink : U0566

tarr-michael@CS.Yale.EDU (michael tarr) (03/23/90)

Anyone know how to get 32bit Quickdraw off of an ftp site? And can it be
used with the apple 8-bit video card or do I need a 24 bit card?
mike tarr
tarr@cs.yale.edu

rcfische@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Raymond C. Fischer) (03/23/90)

In article <19887@cs.yale.edu> tarr-michael@CS.Yale.EDU (michael tarr) writes:
>Anyone know how to get 32bit Quickdraw off of an ftp site? And can it be
>used with the apple 8-bit video card or do I need a 24 bit card?
>mike tarr

32-bit CQD version 1.2 is available as part of the system 6.0.5 update.
It works with any Mac that has color quickdraw in ROM (I use it on
my SE/30 with its 1-bit monitor).  Also available is the LaserWriter
driver v6 which supports color printing.

Your apple dealer may have the update.  It is also available via ftp
(after hours please!) from apple.apple.com (130.43.2.2).  Look in
directory /pub/dts/sw.license (if I remember correctly).
The v1.2 32-bit CQG requires system 6.0.5.

Ray Fischer
rcfische@polyslo.calpoly.edu