[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MPW AboutBox

bowman@reed.UUCP (Eric Bowman) (03/23/90)

Does anyone know why MPW 3.0/3.1's about box doesn't work with NextWindows?
It doesn't really matter, but it seems kind of weird.  Is Apple not playing
by the rules?  (Wouldn't THAT be surprising ;-) )

bOBo
bowman@reed.{bitnet,UUCP,edu}

philip@Kermit.Stanford.EDU (Philip Machanick) (03/24/90)

In article <14492@reed.UUCP>, bowman@reed.UUCP (Eric Bowman) writes:
> Does anyone know why MPW 3.0/3.1's about box doesn't work with NextWindows?
> It doesn't really matter, but it seems kind of weird.  Is Apple not playing
> by the rules?  (Wouldn't THAT be surprising ;-) )

For that matter, it also screws up the desktop color (actually shade of gray
in my case). You need to do something that triggers a complete redraw (e.g.,
changing the color settings in the control panel) to clean up after it. I would
prefer an About box which contained some useful information (is Apple
responding to the bad precedent set by THINK Pascal in going for cute rather
than informative?).

Philip Machanick
philip@pescadero.stanford.edu