[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Setting a mark in ThinkC's editor???

monching@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca (Patrick WONG) (03/07/90)

Is there a way to work on some place in the Think C editor, scroll to the
the top change a couple things and return to the previous place easily.
Currently, I just guesstimate the position in the scroll bar and/or use
multiple search commands.

Is there something like the mark/unmark command in MPW or the push point
in jove.  If there isn't sure would be a nice feature to add.  Or in
fact it would be great if the editor could have plug modules where we could
add what ever feature we want.  For example, if I wanted the editor to be
like jove or EMACS I would plug in the jove module.  And like magic I would
have an instant jove editor inside think c.
--
patrick wong                   | McGill University           |  \\//
monching@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca   | School of Computer Science  |   ||

chaffee@reed.UUCP (Alex Chaffee) (03/20/90)

In article <2381@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca> monching@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca (Patrick WONG) writes:

>Is there a way to work on some place in the Think C editor, scroll to the
>the top change a couple things and return to the previous place easily.
>Currently, I just guesstimate the position in the scroll bar and/or use
>multiple search commands.

There is an INIT called PopUpFuncs which lets you scroll, via a
title-bar-click pop-up menu, to any function in the file, but that's not
quite what you want.

I have written an INIT called Kiss which adds some keyboard commands to
Think's editor, like page-up and forward-delete, and Mark will probably be
in the next version.  If anyone would like a beta copy, let me know.

>... it would be great if the editor could have plug modules where we could
>add what ever feature we want.  For example, if I wanted the editor to be
>like jove or EMACS I would plug in the jove module.  And like magic I would
>have an instant jove editor inside think c.

A project I'd like to write, but won't have time for until at least June, is
to extend Kiss to be a full-fledged extensible extender, allowing others to
write plug-in CODE modules which would get a chance to act on each event.
Or Symantec could provide the same sort of hooks for macros in the next
version of Think C... are you listening, Rich?

>patrick wong                   | McGill University           |  \\//
>monching@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca   | School of Computer Science  |   ||
>                               | Montreal, Quebec            |   --

		"I had no idea so many people in the United States and
		 Canada were tying each other up.  The final word from here
		 is -- whatever turns you on is OK so long as there is mutual
		 consent and no inflicting of pain."
			-- Ann Landers (!), Nov.5,1989

--
Alex Chaffee
chaffee@reed.UUCP

upstill@pixar.UUCP (The Upstill Institute for the Ethically Impaired) (03/29/90)

In article <14455@reed.UUCP> chaffee@reed.UUCP (Alex Chaffee) writes:

>There is an INIT called PopUpFuncs which lets you scroll, via a
>title-bar-click pop-up menu, to any function in the file...
>
>I have written an INIT called Kiss which adds some keyboard commands to
>Think's editor, like page-up and forward-delete...

I'm really sorry to be bothering everyone in this group, but I have flailed
for the better part of a day trying to get a message to this guy, without
success (don't you just hate the net sometimes?).  I would like to get
pointers enabling me to obtain either of the above-mentioned INITs.  More
generally, I'll bet there is a whole slew of useful programming tools which
I have not heard about in spite of all the money burning holes in my pocket.
What say you, netoids?

Steve Upstill