[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Init2

ggiergiel@vmsa.oac.uci.edu (03/29/90)

Does anyone here can tell me what Init2 is ?
I have seen it mentioned in at least 2 places
(Script Manager 2, MacApp) but could not find its
description in any of the usual places
that is IM 1-5 or even X-ref.
Another example of poor Apple documentation?
Jerzy Giergiel

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (03/29/90)

In article <26110AA8.14790@orion.oac.uci.edu> ggiergiel@vmsa.oac.uci.edu writes:
>Does anyone here can tell me what Init2 is ?
>I have seen it mentioned in at least 2 places
>(Script Manager 2, MacApp) but could not find its
>description in any of the usual places
>that is IM 1-5 or even X-ref.
>Another example of poor Apple documentation?
>Jerzy Giergiel

Nope. It's an example of not being able to easily differentiate between
a System call and a MacApp call with the MacApp naming convention.
Init2 is not a system call. It's a procedure within MacApp in the file
"UMacApp.Globals.p".  For MacApp 2.0 Final, it's getting a more
descriptive name: InitializationThatMustNotFail.

I'm not sure what reference you are looking at when you mention "Script
Manager 2". Do you mean the Script Manager 2.0 documentation? In that
case, it seems that Init2 is really INIT 2, which is a resource number
and type. The Script Manager documentation seems clear on what it is
for. Can you clarify what is confusing you?

INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"Argue for your Apple, and sure enough, it's yours" - Keith Rollin, Contusions