[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Looking for Mac portable help

jeremyr@cs.qmw.ac.uk (Jeremy Roussak) (04/05/90)

In article <9004031523.AA18805@jade.berkeley.edu> lwv27@CAS.BITNET writes:
>A friend is having some trouble with some code he is testing.  Previously,
>the code was tested on SE, SE/30, Mac plus, etc.  When a menu with a grey
>item was selected, the program would catch a trap to some code which provided
>additional help.  But when the software runs on a Mac portable, the trap
>'doesn't seem to work or be in the toolbox' according to a msg I received
>this morning.

You don't need to patch a trap to do this.  According to IM V p240, the function
MenuChoice will, if called after MenuSelect returns 0 in its high word,
return a longint with the menu of the disabled item in the high word
and the item number in the low word.  The global variable MenuDisable ($b54)
serves the same purpose.  If you're using a custom MDEF, however, this
may not work.

Hope this helps

Jeremy Roussak