[comp.sys.mac.programmer] System CLUT's weird pallette

barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger) (03/27/90)

Can anyone explain how Apple chose the layout of the system clut???
It seems rather heavy on certain ranges of shades, weak on others, and the
arrangement is not at all intuitive or obviously regular...

--jorn

jdevoto@Apple.COM (Jeanne A. E. DeVoto) (04/10/90)

In article <5671@accuvax.nwu.edu> barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu
(Jorn Barger) writes:
>Can anyone explain how Apple chose the layout of the system clut???
>It seems rather heavy on certain ranges of shades, weak on others, and the
>arrangement is not at all intuitive or obviously regular...

The first 216 colors in the default clut are all possible combinations of
6 values each of red, green, and blue (6^3 = 216). The last 40 colors
consist of 10 values of pure red, 10 pure greens, 10 pure blues, and 10
grays.
--
 jdevoto@apple.com  |  You may not distribute this article under a