[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Prepare. Nice but pricey.

erci18@castle.ed.ac.uk (A J Cunningham) (04/10/90)

	I've just been playing with the demo issue of Prepare(). I quite
like it but I think the price of 495 dollars for six issues extremely
steep for a magazine which is based around a compiler that retails for a
third of this. Am I alone in spending the money on the compiler but
finding Prepare() way out of my league?
		Tony Cunningham

--
Tony Cunningham, Edinburgh University Computing Service. erci18@castle.ed.ac.uk

	Yuppies think I'm a wino 'cos I seem to have no class,
	Girls think I'm perverted 'cos I watch them as they pass.

jfrancis@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Jeff Francis,Home Number,,3540765) (04/11/90)

From article <3233@castle.ed.ac.uk>, by erci18@castle.ed.ac.uk (A J Cunningham):

> 	I've just been playing with the demo issue of Prepare(). I quite
> like it but I think the price of 495 dollars for six issues extremely
> steep for a magazine which is based around a compiler that retails for a
> third of this. Am I alone in spending the money on the compiler but
> finding Prepare() way out of my league?

No.

-jpf

-------------------------------------
Jeff Francis
THINK Class Library Evangelist and
CS Student, University of Iowa

Mats.Sundvall@bio.embnet.se (Mats Sundvall) (04/11/90)

In article <1177@ns-mx.uiowa.edu>, jfrancis@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu (Jeff Francis,Home Number,,3540765) writes:
> From article <3233@castle.ed.ac.uk>, by erci18@castle.ed.ac.uk (A J Cunningham):
>>
>> 	I've just been playing with the demo issue of Prepare(). I quite
>> like it but I think the price of 495 dollars for six issues extremely
>> steep for a magazine which is based around a compiler that retails for a
>> third of this. Am I alone in spending the money on the compiler but
>> finding Prepare() way out of my league?
>
> No.

Well, the only thing we have to do to spare our hard earned money is to
send our homemade classes to the net. There has been very few classes
sent to the net, compared to the hugh number of TC 4.0 packages sold.

Maybe people does not use the OO stuff :---))

	Mats Sundvall
	Biomedical Center
	Uppsala University
	Sweden