[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MPW S records

paulr@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Paul T Russell) (05/02/90)

From article <17470004@col.hp.com>, by chrism@col.hp.com (Chris Magnuson):
> In article <9970@sdcc6.ucsd.edu>, xm50@sdcc12.ucsd.edu (don bowmen) writes:
>>
>> 	I need information on how to get MPW to generate S records
>
> #I've written just such a tool.  It also does intel hex records.  You'll
> #probably need another tool which copies code resources into the data fork as
> #my tool reads the data fork and gives you a hex file.  That tool, I believe,

I've also written an MPW tool which will convert a given resource to a
TEXT file of Intel hex or Motorola (S1, S2 or S3) records for downloading
to an EPROM programmer or emulator or whatever. It will let you skip
N bytes at the start of the resource (eg: skip 4 bytes when converting
CODE resource 1) and you can also tell it to generate odd or even bytes
when generating code for a 16 bit system with pairs of EPROM's, for
example. If there is any interest in this I can either mail it
direct to the interested parties or post it to comp.binaries.mac...

//Paul

--
           Paul Russell, Department of Experimental Psychology
         University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton BN1 9QG, England