[comp.sys.mac.programmer] SoundManager Sample Code

hpoppe@ncar.ucar.edu (Herb Poppe) (05/04/90)

I could have sworn I saw a message posted here recently about the
availablilty of SoundManager sample code stored on apple.com. I looked
back through this news group (as well as some of the other bazillion
comp.sys.mac.*) but couldn't find it. Anyway, I went looking on apple.com
in pub/dts/mac/sc and found the following files, none of which seem to be
the SoundManager sample code.

Am I dreaming, does this code really exist? Perhaps it hasn't been stored
on apple.com yet?

Sample
TESample
SillyBalls
TubeTest
HierMenus
PopMenus
FracApp
FracAppPalette
FracApp300
EditCdev
GetZoneList
Signals
OOPTESample
CPlusTESample
Offscreen
OffSample
TbltDrvr
StdFile
TEStyleSample
Transformer
ModalList
ScreenFKey

Herb Poppe            NCAR
hpoppe@ncar.ucar.edu  1850 Table Mesa Drive
                      Boulder, CO  80307-3000
                      (303) 497-1296

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (05/04/90)

In article <7209@ncar.ucar.edu> hpoppe@ncar.ucar.edu (Herb Poppe) writes:
>I could have sworn I saw a message posted here recently about the
>availablilty of SoundManager sample code stored on apple.com. I looked
>back through this news group (as well as some of the other bazillion
>comp.sys.mac.*) but couldn't find it. Anyway, I went looking on apple.com
>in pub/dts/mac/sc and found the following files, none of which seem to be
>the SoundManager sample code.
>
>Am I dreaming, does this code really exist? Perhaps it hasn't been stored
>on apple.com yet?

Herb,

I don't know if you were dreaming or not. I didn't see the notice
concerning SoundApp's availability, but that doesn't mean that it
didn't come across.  Anyway, coming to the Apple FTP site soon are the
following sample applications:

% GetZoneList (#11) - Both C and Pascal. Uses AppleTalk Phase 2
routines if available, and takes care of a small, teensy-weensy,
almost-not-worth-mentioning problem with half-bridges.

% CPlusTESample 2.0 (#14) - Adds the ability to read from and write to
disk, and uses a better approach to error handling. Requires MPW 3.1 or
later.

% FracApp 2.0 (#23) - An upgrade to the original FracApp samples (#7,
8, & 9), using MacApp 2.0, 32-bit Color QuickDraw offscreen routines,
and the enhanced Palette Manager. Requires MPW 3.1 or later.

% SoundApp (#24) - Demonstrates proper use of the Sound Manager.
Includes a re-usable Unit for handling some of its more obtuse aspects.
Also deals with many aspects of creating a solid User Interface.

INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"Argue for your Apple, and sure enough, it's yours" - Keith Rollin, Contusions