[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MPW 3.1 Release Media

erci18@castle.ed.ac.uk (A J Cunningham) (05/02/90)

	I've just been talking to the Apple Developer's Group about MPW
3.1 and I was curious to know if it had been released on CD-ROM as had
been promised in Apple's press release on AppleLink. ADG said this was
just a rumour and they were shipping American copies on floppy disk. Can
anyone tell me if 3.1 will be available on CD (I don't have shelf space
for another set of manuals :-)
		Tony
--
Tony Cunningham, Edinburgh University Computing Service. erci18@castle.ed.ac.uk

	Yuppies think I'm a wino 'cos I seem to have no class,
	Girls think I'm perverted 'cos I watch them as they pass.

ldg@yoda.byu.edu (05/03/90)

In <3759@castle.ed.ac.uk>, A J Cunningham writes:

>       I've just been talking to the Apple Developer's Group about MPW
>3.1 and I was curious to know if it had been released on CD-ROM as had
>been promised in Apple's press release on AppleLink. ADG said this was
>just a rumour and they were shipping American copies on floppy disk. Can
>anyone tell me if 3.1 will be available on CD (I don't have shelf space
>for another set of manuals :-)
>               Tony

My copy of the MPW 3.1 Pascal/C etc. bundle (if that is the product you mean)
is sitting on my bookshelf in CD-ROM form. Sure is pretty.

Lyle D. Gunderson N6KSZ | "Any technology without       | ldg@yoda.byu.edu
350 CB/BYU              | some attendant risk of misuse | CIS: 73760,2354
Provo UT 84602          | is probably trivial"          | GEnie: L.GUNDERSON
                        |             --Louise Kohl     | AO: LGunderson

jordan@Apple.COM (Jordan Mattson) (05/04/90)

Dear Tony -
  MPW 3.1 has been released on CD-ROM.  It is available from APDA, both as
an update and with the MPW C and Object Pascal Bundle.
  The package does not have the documentation in a electronic version - it
is still in printed forum, but you can get away from those 15 billion
floppies.

--

Jordan Mattson                         UUCP:      jordan@apple.apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.                   CSNET:     jordan@apple.CSNET