[comp.sys.mac.programmer] 'CODE' resource format

dinapoli@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Ron DiNapoli) (05/09/90)

Does anyone out there know where I might be able to get my hands on any
docs describing the format of 'CODE' resources?

Thanks in advance!

Ron D.

daveo@Apple.COM (David M. O'Rourke) (05/09/90)

dinapoli@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Ron DiNapoli) writes:
>Does anyone out there know where I might be able to get my hands on any
>docs describing the format of 'CODE' resources?

  Amazingly enough it's quite hard to find an *direct* documentation on
the format of a 'CODE' resource.  I've searched most of the popular
documentation and can't find anything.  So from looking with MPW's
dumpfile, dumpobj, and dumpcode commands it appears that the format of
a 'CODE' resource is just the raw 680x0 instructions that you want
executed, nothing more, nothing less.

  'CODE' resource #0 is of course the jump table.  The format of CODE(0) is
documented in the Segment Loader Chapter of Inside Mac, and there is a
Tech. Note that discusses some of the limitations of CODE(0).

  Hope this helps.
--
daveo@apple.com                                               David M. O'Rourke

"Hey where'd you learn to shoot like that?" ... "At the 7-11."
     -- Marty McFly (Back to the future III)
I do not speak for Apple in any official sense.